Monday, October 19, 2009

The Train Keeps Rolling On.

Another week, another post. I'm being surprisingly consistent in this!

At this point I'm still waiting for feedback on the Tesseracts project. I have two different people reading the story at the same time, so I'll have two different perspectives when I go to make the next revision. However, life keeps getting in the way for both of them and it's been a few days. Hopefully I'll get something tomorrow and I can make another tweak and have some fresh eyes take a look. I'm thinking though that this is getting closer to the end. I'm hoping to submit soon.

The one feeling I'm taking out of this is the sense that I've blown the rust off. It's been years since I've written on a regular basis, and now I've been writing at a steady pace for over a month and a half. I'm doing it. I'm actually doing it. Now all I have to do is keep this up, keep the train on track.

In that spirit, since I'm waiting on feedback, I've started work on another project. It's still in the short story vein, but this one will get submitted to Interzone first and then to Asimov and or Analog, depending upon the results. Already the first draft of the new story feels strong, feels good. I worked for an hour today before I went to the doctors and wrote five hundred words without breaking a sweat. My mental muscles are expanding. As I said, it's happening, it's really happening.

Dang this feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment